Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Day One- ish


So let me start this off by saying I am a procrastinator. I hate doing housework but I am a stay at home mom. I have a tendency to be random. My house and car are always a mess, I'm overweight and I don't spend nearly enough time with God or doing constructive things with my family. All of these things have led me to where I am now- in pursuit of discipline. I'd like to say that I have moments of discipline but I think it's done more out of the desire of not to be disciplined by others. So all of this has led to a chaotic life that I am becoming not okay with. I want to have a clean house because it makes my husband happy and that is important to me. I want to have a clean car because I don't like having to find a place for someone to sit in the event that they need a ride. I want to lose weight because I don't like how I look or feel. I don't want to be held back from doing things I love, like dancing, because I'm afraid of how much I'll juggle. I need to be closer to God because I can't do any of these things without Him. So all of these things have led me to this place of self-inflicted discipline and you get to come along.


Step 1 of the journey- Put down the computer. You are probably thinking right now, "Then why start a blog?" Well I'll tell you. I am horrible at journaling and I think this might help me to see where I am doing well and where I am falling short. So in the spirit of blogging I am hoping to be on track enough that I will have time to write every day- but know that if I miss I am way of track. The Internet is an addiction for me. I like to read the news, watch dance videos on YouTube, play games, update both my Facebook and Myspace, add pictures to my flickr account and check out what's interesting there. So as you can see, the Internet makes up most of the morning. A time when I should be reading my Bible, cleaning up the house and spending time with my daughter. Sadly though all this is shoved aside due to my addiction. So for the next week I am going to commit to not cracking open the laptop until these things are done. It's going to be hard and I might go through withdrawls but I know that through Christ I can achieve it.


Enough procrastinating. I'm going to take the first step and put the laptop down and get stuff done and HOPEFULLY I'll be writing tomorrow when it's all done.
James 4:17 Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment